Warriors~ The Hidden Lands
Hello guest!
If you plan to join this site feel free to register, if you are registered feel free to log in. Though if you just want to look around click close.

- Thank you,
the sites staff
Hello guest!
If you plan to join this site feel free to register, if you are registered feel free to log in. Though if you just want to look around click close.

- Thank you,
the sites staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors~ The Hidden Lands is about four mighty clans who once ruled the Lake, soon after doom and destruction came and forced them to find new land and Become four new stronger, fearless and even more agile clans!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where We Belong. Chapter 5.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

Where We Belong. Chapter 5. Empty
PostSubject: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:00 am

Rye looked up, and stopped trying to warm the miserable thing, "Storm! She's so cute... She's adorable. How could someone just leave her here? How? She's just too perfect... Her name will be Feather! She's so light, and-" Storm cut him off with a fierce look. "Rye. Don't give it a name. Don't pick it up. Don't look at it. Leave it alone. ALLLLOOOONNNNNEEEEEE. Don't listen to it." He hissed, almost growled. How could Rye be worried about a little kit? They had more things to worry about than some random kit. It was left here for a reason.
Rye ignored him, licking the poor thing again. It whined, getting a look at Storm. She was scared of him. He looked so mean and serious. Rye was just trying to warm her. The kit may have looked very young, but she was four moons. She was just naturally tiny. She squeaked, wanting to talk. She was just too tired and thirsty, much like Storm had been. She was cold, too. She enjoyed the warming and caring cat named Rye. He was so kind and she would have traded her mother for him. She didn't have a name before.... She liked the name Feather. She coughed, leaving Rye to smile, "Awhhhh, listen. We need to take care of her Storm. We have to! She is prefect and shouldn't be raised by anyone else except for someone more perfect. She needs the perfect father, like me," Storm raged forward, staring down at the kit and Rye. "When that thing dies, it's on you and we won't stop moving. Bring it with us, watch it die painfully. It needs food and water and it's TOO young." He growled or hissed. it was more like a mix of both.
Though, he didn't have much time to be aggressive. A calico she-cat, lean and lithe, stood out. Her green eyes pierced the gathering fog, "What are you doing here, messing with La Maldita?" Her accent was thick and obvious, as was her anger. This she-cat's name was Turtle of Foggy Pond. That's about all anyone needed to know about her at that moment. She stepped forward, leaving Rye to wrap his tail around Feather protectively. "What does that even mean? This is Feather, my new little girl who I found because apparently you and some other people abandoned her."
Turtle of Foggy Pond laughed, "La Maldita means 'The Cursed One' in my language. I wouldn't touch her. Her father died because he was disembodied by a larger snow wolf. Her mother drowned after being swept off her paws by an arctic wind and falling off the icy falls. Her two brothers were eaten by eagles. I would hate to wish any harm on you, a handsome tom that I already admire. Tell me... Are you a great guard in your tribe?" She had slowly crept forward, and now was tickling Rye's chin with her tail. Storm stared at the two in horror; Feather seemed to do the same. Feather upped and ran over to Storm. Storm flicked his tail over her eyes.
Rye was shocked but really didn't mind. He smiled, really, "I don't know what a guard is in this case, but I don't care," Storm decided to put an end to this at that point. He darted forward, pushing Rye, "Hey. Quit it. We don't know her, she could be a rouge lying or telling the truth. In any case, she and the kit are bad news," Turtle of Foggy Pond purred. "Oh, no. You're sadly mistaken, you see? You and your friend have been watched the whole time you made it into the mountains. We watched your friend die. What did you call her....? Bella?" Her name rolled off her tongue and Storm sprung forward, going after her.
He raised a paw with unsheathed claws to hit her and draw blood. He had her pinned, until she rolled underneath him and flipped him off. With amazing stamina, she darted up and pinned him. He was amazed. He stared up at her, blinking in pain and... misery? His eyes sparkled with unshed tears. She reminded him of Bella. She looked nothing like her, except for her soft fur and sparkling eyes. It was honestly all in her personality. Her confidence and strength were so obvious. He closed his eyes as Turtle of Foggy Pond bared her teeth. "Don't play with me, you little-"
"Turtle of Foggy Pond! What are you doing?" Swooping Crane bounded forward, sinking his teeth into her scruff and dragging her backwards. He glared at her with his bright blue eyes, "Teller of White Clouds told you not to interfere. Now, we have to bring them AND Snake that Strikes Twice back. She will be very angry with you. I would not stick around long, if I were you. I've tried protecting you for so long, but you always screw up. Storm Where Crow Caws trusts only me to look after you."
Turtle of Foggy Pond pushed him away, baring her teeth again, "He is not my father and you are not my mate. Just because he likes you means nothing. He may have chosen you, but only because you begged him! Don't touch me!" Rye broke forward, rushing between the two. He puffed up his chest and fur, standing up to the other male. "I wouldn't get near her if I were you. She said that she didn't want you around her. Back off, fox-breath."
Swooping Crane hissed and slunk away. Turtle of Foggy Pond looked up at Rye, her eyes glimmering with appreciation and interest. She blushed under her fur, gazing into his eyes, "Thanks... Rye?" She purred, leaving Storm to hiss. "Come on, let's go. Stop being ridiculous!"
The trip to cave wasn't long. Sure, it was treacherous. What place wasn't around the mountains? Turtle of Foggy Pond led them into the cave, earning many gasps of astonishment and wonder. Many kits whispered among themselves and to their mothers, mainly about how strange they were and how they had never seen cats like them before. Of course, they were only strange because.... Well, who knew? Maybe it was their walk. Maybe it was because the kits were so secluded that they never saw any other cats.
Storm glared at any cat who dared to stare back at him. Feather stared straight down at the ground, greatly saddened to be back by all of the monsters who called themselves her peers. They had left her out to die because she was 'cursed.' They just didn't understand. Rye focused on Turtle of Foggy Pond and how pretty she was... Rye always liked calicoes like her. Storm looked over and smacked Rye with his tail, "PAWS. OFF. If we are making it to the clans, I can't have you mooning over some dumb she-cat," He growled in his ear. Rye sneered back and chuckled. "You're only jealous because the girl you liked fell off a cliff."
Storm stared back at him, hurt and confused. Who was this cat who had replaced the Rye he knew? Rye cared about other cats, no matter how pompous he was. This wasn't Rye. Rye had cared about her too and Rye wouldn't say something like that... He spat at Rye's feet, immediately pushing him away. He walked forward and caught up with Turtle of Foggy Pond until their pace was matched. "I'm sorry about how I reacted. I should have given you a chance." He surprised himself by apologizing. Turtle of Foggy Pond only nodded and shrugged. She was leading them straight into Teller of White Clouds's den. She was the Teller of course, and she had to be told first. That was rule. Rule is law.  
"Teller of White Clouds? Eh.... Something happened. I kinda messed up," A very large and tougher looking she-cat with white fur and black paws stepped out. She blinked her poly chrome eyes. One was blue and the other was green.... What? Storm stared at them in interest, never before seeing a cat like her before. He focused intently, ignoring Rye and Feather/La Maldita completely. Teller of White Clouds brought a paw to her face. She grunted in discomfort as she got a look at the band in front of her. "I see that. Please, tell me it was an accident. You actually managed to snag La Maldita after I told you to set her out and leave AND make sure that two other cats were involved and caught?"
Turtle of Foggy Pond smiled nervously, "Eh.... Yeah, sure. It was an accident. Completely incidental. As for La Maldita, or Feather, the larger male named 'Rye' has taken a liking to her and wants to take her and raise her as his own. Would that be permitted?" Teller of White Clouds face got very sullen and even more serious. "You've got to be kidding me.... Rye, or whatever your name is, keep it. We don't want it here. I just think you're making a horrible decision and a stupid one at that-" Storm broke in with a smile and replied, "Someone understands and agrees!" Teller of White Clouds stared at them in disbelief. "Alright.... Why are you here besides Feather?"
Storm took this as his chance to finally explain. "My friend... Bella, decided to take me to the clans. She has been here and there, or that's what she told me. We found Rye and brought him along. ....Bella.... Died. We got lost. I have no idea where I am going and neither does Rye. We would greatly appreciate it if you could give me and my friend here some shelter for a few days while we regain our barrings. We already here, so it might work out. We need rest and help, I guess. I really just have no idea. Oh, and my name is Storm." He was so tired, he just stumbled along. He probably made no sense, either. As he said the words 'died' and 'Bella' he winced.
Teller of White Clouds seemed to understand him, though, "Alright... 'Storm. You and your friend Rye may stay here for a fourth of a moon. No longer and preferably less. Turtle of Foggy Pond will help you and show you around. Goodbye," She concluded quickly, rushing back into her den. Turtle of Foggy Pond smiled and shrugged. "Well.... Let's go."

Sorrryyyyy. This must have been a very horribly written chapter. It's the longest, though with 1,768 words. I am so tired. Ignore me. I still managed to post every day, though. Any characters, plot twists, etc? Message me.
Back to top Go down
Redwind

Redwind

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Wonderful chapter, I feel there needs to be a larger animal (wolves) in the mountains, that are somehow seen.
Back to top Go down
Fallingleaves

Fallingleaves

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Great Chapter! I have an 'Friend' for the main antagonist, though he's not in yet. I'll just send him to you.
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:54 pm

There will be, just because you commented. Thanks guys! Redwind, did you like how I played Turtle?
Back to top Go down
Redwind

Redwind

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:01 pm

I did, her being a bit clumsy and all. Playing the foster parent card are we Turtle?
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:04 pm

I'm glad. I wanted to give her a solid background, which led to her latina accent after I created the story in my head.
Back to top Go down
Windstepper

Windstepper

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Wonderful chapter! Rye the defensive one, he needs to get his priorities straight.
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Yeeeeepp. He's still a mommy.
Back to top Go down
Hareleap

Hareleap

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Great Chapter! Rye need to think things over.
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Of course. He needs.... CHARACTER GROWTH!
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't know when I can do the next chapter.... My laptop broke.
Back to top Go down
Windstepper

Windstepper

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Understood, my computer deleted my next chapter... so Understood!
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:03 am

Still being fixed, using neighbor's....
Back to top Go down
Hareleap

Hareleap

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Alright. Computers break easily...
Back to top Go down
AmberWillow

AmberWillow

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Computer is fixed! I'll start writing the next chapter soon.
Back to top Go down
Windstepper

Windstepper

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:10 am

New chapter! Weeeee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where We Belong. Chapter 5.   Where We Belong. Chapter 5. Empty

Back to top Go down

Where We Belong. Chapter 5.
Page 1 of 1